Note: You are currently viewing version 3.1 of the Node.js driver documentation. Click here for the latest version.
- Upgrade Guide
What’s new in 3.1
- Support for MongoDB version 4.0
- Support for Transactions
- Support for authentication with SCRAM-SHA-256
- Support for new URL parser (opt in with
What’s new in 3.0
- Support added for Retryable Writes
- Support added for DNS Seedlists
- Support added for Change Streams
- Support added for sessions
MongoClient.connectnow returns a
Clientinstead of a
What’s New in 2.3
Key features of the 2.3 driver include:
- Implements Decimal128, a decimal floating-point numbering format that occupies 16 bytes (128 bits). See the CRUD tutorial for an example.
What’s New in 2.2
Key features of the 2.2 driver include:
- Redesigned Connection Pool.
- Connection close will drain any outstanding operations.
- replicaSet parameter MUST be specified if using MongoClient to connect to replicaset, due to SDAM specification implementation.
- Domain support disabled by default, enable with parameter domainsEnabled on MongoClient or on the Server/ReplSet/Mongos.
What’s New in 2.1
Key features of the 2.1 driver include:
- Implements the new GridFS specification
- Implements support for the new 3.2 wire protocol level find, getMore and killCursor commands
- A growing/shrinking connection pool
- A worker-based connection pool which minimizes the impact of slow operations on throughput and latency when the number of slow operations is less than the number of connections in the pool
- Topology monitoring specification implementation, allowing applications to monitor the view of the topology as it changes
What’s New in 2.0
Key features of the 2.0 driver include:
- Adherence to the SDAM (Server Discovery and Monitoring Specification)
- Implementation of the CRUD Specification
- Performance improvements
- New JS-BSON parser which replaces the C++ extension
- A new core driver on top of which you can build alternative or experimental driver APIs
- APM (Application Performance Monitoring) API
On this page